Sunday, February 16, 2014

The effect of diet on the skin

An integrative gastroenterologist states that what we eat can negatively affect our skin and look. Robynne Chutkan, the founder of the Digestive Center for Women outside Washington considers that there`s a fascinating connection between the skin and the gut. “A lot of people are using harsh things on their skin for this sort of redness on the cheeks and nose. Rosacea`s actually an auto-immune disease and, like most auto-immune diseases, we don`t actually know what causes it, but there`s a very strong association with something called dysbiosis, a bacterial imbalance and overgrowth of the wrong kinds of bacteria in the gut”, she said. Everything depends on how people are able to create wellness in their digestive tract. This tract is in strong relation with the way how people are eating and living. Dr. Chutkan recommends maintaining healthy habits 80% of the time. The remaining 20% is represented by something that isn1t necessarily good but it`s something that everyone enjoys.

No comments:

Post a Comment